Friday, January 6, 2017

Fruit Ninja. Gallagher Style

I was in the P&E Barn practicing my sword skills. All Gallagher Girls have to be proficient in two weapons. Mine are hand guns and knives. I prefer knives to swords because I feel like they are easier to use. I use double knives to fight and work on knife throwing.

Sometimes I use a sword though, because Lily and The Twins came up with a fruit ninja game last year.
Using real fruit of course. No bombs, sorry. Headmistress Morgan said we couldn't do that. Party Pooper.

Luckily, Lily fixed the mechanism so that it doesn't take two people (one to run the fruit launcher and another to chop) so I was out...well, chopping. I decided to make a fruit salad.
(Since Louis isn't here, I've been making most of the food ever since I tried Headmistress Morgan's food *Gag* )

Anyway, a band of boys came in. (Alec wasn't with them) They had never seen the fruit ninja machine, since it was under a tarp in the back.

One of them looked especially interested, (they aren't terrified of a knife throwing mad man. woman. girl. whatever. I don't think they like Peter...) and while the rest of the boys pretended to spar, he came over right away. I recognized him as one of the seniors. He eyes lit up and he asked if he could try it. I had barely said yes when he sprinted off. He came back with his sword case and pulled out his rapier.

He went at the fruit with a skill and joy I had only seen once. When I ran out of fruit, he stood, light footed, breathing lightly and grinning like a child at Christmas.
"I've got to introduce you to Tansy" I said thinking of the tall thin senior who loved her rapier.

I had to leave about then to make dinner, so I told him how to run the machine and showed him the practice targets, which were fruit shaped foam. (Even we don't have THAT much fruit) and then I left for the kitchen.

Tansy is going to enjoy this semester. Finally someone who she can talk to about rapiers. Seriously if I had to listen to another "Rapier Vs Something Inferior" talk or He's not holding his rapier right comment about a movie, I think I would have shoved something down her throat.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment