Friday, January 6, 2017

Whiskers

I was in the library. I had just finished feeding Suzie. She hasn't started eating kitten food yet, so Zack and I take turns babysitting and bottle feeding her. Anyway, she was full and had just fallen asleep and I was flipping through a book ( Mark of Athena. Hey! We read non-spy books here!) when I heard a voice from the dark corner of the room.

"Your not as tough as they think." He said, leaning calmly against the wall.
Who was it? 
 Alex.
Oh, you know. The one who I threw a book at.
At his face.

Which he deflected in a very fast cool spy like move. (What ever. I still beat him)

He kind of freaked me out. I had no idea how long he had been there. But instead I stayed still and said with a laugh

"Who said I was tough?"

"I think it was Peter," He said with a mock thoughtful look. "Right after you stuck a steak knife in his shoulder"

"Whiner. It barely touched him. I thought they taught hardened assassins at your school."

"They changed all that after Joe Solomon, and Dr. Steve." I thought I heard a growl in his voice when he mentioned his schools crazy ex-teacher. Then he shrugged. "Besides, Peter is on the...what do you call it here...research and development track."

Suzie yawned and rolled over. I rubbed her behind her ears.

"Did they decided your punishment?"

"Yeah..." I hesitated to say that he (and all the other boys) WERE my punishment.

"Was it tough?"

I laughed and said in a haughty tone "Nothing is too tough for a Gallagher Girl"

He laughed back and started walking out of the library.
"Alright. Good night, Whiskers." I thought he was talking about the kitten until he added as he walked out of sight into the hall " And good night Suzie!" 

-K




1 comment: