Friday, March 3, 2017

Broken Trust

This morning I did my run, and headed to the P&E Barn. I hadn't boxed in awhile, and I could let off some steam. There's the problem with Cas, and the tension in the dorm.

Anyway, so I started boxing. I was playing a fun little game where I listen to a song, and box until the song is over. Then I take a quick couple minute break and repeat. I was doing the second round when Alex walked in.

It is really easy to loose focus on your surroundings when your wearing earbuds, but I am a trained  spy you know, and situational awareness is something we work on constantly. But I kept my face natural, like I didn't even notice him. Hiding emotions in one of my specialties.

The gym was empty and he stepped up to a nearby heavy bag and started boxing. I could see him glanced over once and awhile, but I never turned his way. I didn't even say hi.

If I had wanted him to think that I was completely over it, I would have glanced over once when he walked in, then gone back to ignoring him.  

But I didn't. I gave him a cold shoulder. I totally and utterly shunned him. The only time I reacted to him at all was when he turned and said hi.

I didn't even look his way. I just picked up my phone and turned the volume up.
(sadly, listening to music is one of the few things I can do on my phone.)

I'm 95% certain he saw me turn it up. I saw him wilt a little in the reflection of my water bottle.

Good.

I kept ignoring him until the end of that round. Then I stopped and calmly started packing everything up. I kept my ear buds in the whole time. I finished by wrapping my earbuds around my phone.

Alex stopped and walked over.

"Kat..."
"What?" I said, turning sharply on my heel and crossing my arms. "What could you possibly have to say to me?"

"I said I'm sorry. Why do you still hate me?" he asked

"First of all," I said, in an angry clipped voice "I don't hate you."
He looked a little relived and I went on. "I'm disappointed. In you, and in me. Why did I even trust you?"

"Kat..."

"I trusted you." my voice broke a little here, but I was stronger when I said "That's a mistake I won't make again."

Then I turned on my heel and walked away.

-K




No comments:

Post a Comment