Sunday, March 19, 2017

Nobody Even Sees Me

My parents still haven't called back in.
Nothing is certain yet. There is still hope they'll make it back to us.

If not....how will I tell my brother?


All these students, trained to observe and to notice, can't see what I'm feeling.
What I'm going through.

But then again I suppose I've been trained to hide my feelings.

Cas knows. After we met each other, trying to hide out tears in one of the not so secret tunnels, we told each other our problems
My missing parents and her dead mother and her still grieving father.

Her mother, an excellent spy, died of cancer a few years ago. Her father has been trying to work though his grief by constantly working.
He's forgotten his daughter is grieving too.

Another person who notices is Alex.
It's just like last time.


Except there will never be a time like last time.
Last time,
He was just a boy. A boy who understood what I was going through. A boy that was there for me.

But then he betrayed me.
He broke my trust.

I can never trust him again.

And sometimes I have to remind myself of that. Sometimes I glance over at him and see him looking so concerned and worried, I have to remind myself to stay away.
I have to tell myself not to trust him.

Not again.

I don't need my heart broken again.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment