Friday, March 31, 2017

Queen of the Kitchens

This morning, there was an announcement during breakfast.

Chef Louis mother is very sick and he is needs to go to France be with her.

Which means we will have no cook in the middle of school. Which means we need a new chef.

But guess what? There aren't that many chefs with a clearance high enough to even know about our school. And it will take forever to clear the ones with a clearance. Well, not forever. A couple weeks. We should have a chef by two weeks.

Luckily, a handful of the students have been trained in various kitchen jobs. And all the Blackthorne boys had to do KP duty* at some point. We're assigned to position based off skill level and grade.

Unluckily, I am both the oldest person and one of the better chefs. So guess what? I have to not only help, I have to run the bloody kitchens for two weeks. I have to design meal plans, give the orders, keep everything running smoothly and.....

You'd think someone else would have taken extra credit in the kitchens. Nope. There is not a single Junior or Senior who trained to run a kitchen. I mean, there are some who know how to wait tables in Bangladesh and they're all willing to help...but everything now rests on my shoulders.

I am queen of the kitchens.

Agh.

-K


*KP Duty is a military term. KP stands for Kitchen Patrol or Kitchen Police.

No comments:

Post a Comment