Sunday, February 26, 2017

Are You British?

I got a lovely email from one of my readers.

They wanted to know if I was British....


Sort of?

You see, Mum was British. She worked with MI6 and met my dad on a CIA/MI6 project. They got married, moved here and had me and my brother. (Mum usually uses her flawless american accent to blend in, so my brother and I have american accents)
Mum's parents live in England still and so does most of her family. We go back every three years.

Because Gram lives far away, she like to send goodies and stuff and Skype with us whenever she can. Because she is always sending me British junk food I may or may not have gotten addicted to Maltesers, the British form of Milk Duds (expect the maltesers taste good), Crunchie bars and Vimto flavored anything. Also tea. And scone. I love, love, love scones.

Sadly, it can be really hard to find any British candy in american stores. *Sigh*
I have seen maltesers at Kroger and you can order anything of amazon, but still. Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to pick up a package of vimto bon bons from the gas station?

Image result for maltsters chocolate
Image result for crunchie bar

Image result for vimto can

Image result for vimto candy

Related image








Image result for Simpkins british travel candy


Blackcurrant?
Blackcurrant is a REALLY big flavor in the UK. It's the cherry flavor of England.



I meant to just find you some pictures, but now I'm working on trying not to drool on my bedspread. If you see these somewhere, buy them, eat them and send me an email!

Have you tried any other British Candy that I haven't mentioned?
If so, let me know in the comments!

-K

1 comment:

  1. i ave tried all of the, but the drink, there is a british store by us called W.I.S.E. choice, (welsh Ireland Scotland England.) i like the crunch, but not the maltesers

    ReplyDelete