Friday, February 24, 2017

Madame D's Surprise.

A tea party.

Of course.

We split into two groups, half pretended to be servants half pretended to be gentry. And then we switched. Of course we all had cover stories.

I was a servant for the first round. Jess was gentry. Alex was "gentry" too.
I tried to tell D'aja to go around a serve Alex's side of the table, but she didn't see me and went around the other way.

Drat.

So I went around the table, pouring tea and smiling.
"More tea?" I asked Alex politely.
"Yes, please."
I leaned over him and started pouring.
"You're smiling." he said
"Yes."
"Do you like me again?"
"No. I'm acting." I said and turned to leave.
"That's not your fake smile."
I turned back. "Maybe that was my real smile. Maybe this is my fake smile. Maybe it was all an act. Maybe you don't know me as well as you think. I sure as hell don't know you as well as I thought."

And I left.

He kept trying to catch my eye, but I ignored him.

Round Two:
Alex made sure he was serving my side of the table. How un-clandestine. I thought. When he came around he whispered " Kat. Please, I...."
"Just pour the tea and get away from me." I growled.
"I ...." he started again.
I discretely spilled my tea cup. Golden brown liquid soaked into the white table cloth and spilled onto my school uniform. I whipped at it with a napkin.
"Oh! You clumsy fool!" I screeched at him. D'aja, who was playing hostess told Alex to leave. He shot me a look, trying to read my expression. I looked away, toward the boy on my left. In the reflection of my spoon, I could see Alex watching me  from his place along the wall.

I think I made my point

-K
\

1 comment: