Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I'm fine

I wore long sleeve that covered my hand this morning to hide my raw knuckles. 

Luckily, my friends are a little...distracted...by the boys. 

The only one who noticed was Alec. Bloody Alec. 

Why is he always around embarrassing me. I hate it when people see me when I'm low. When I'm sad, crying, sick etc. 

I. bloody. hate. it.

Anyway, I walked down with my friends, and got in line for waffles. I love waffles. 
I was fine carrying my plate of waffles, but as I was walking over to the tables, I shifted the hand I was holding my coffee mug in. 

The hot mug touched my hand and I gasped. 

And released the mug.

Then Alec caught it. 

I kept my eyes down as I muttered "Thank you". I don't know what would have been worse,  Alec having to catch my mug, or it shattering onto the ground and making everyone look. Maybe then they would have noticed what a mess I am right now. I took a deep breathe and looked up. 

I forced a perfect smile. "Thank You" I said, a little louder this time and reached out my hand for the mug. Which of course showed my hand. Dang it. 

He gave me a look with his sad deep brown eyes, but he said in a normal voice "No. That's fine. I'll get it." 

I saw Jess and Lily sitting with David and Pitt. I don't mean just at the same table. 
I mean the two boys and the girls were sitting in the four person spot that the three of us normally sat at. 

What? Seriously? It's been one day!

I must have snorted or something. 

You Ok? Alec asked

I flashed him a smile that could fool Natasha Romanoff. 

"What? No I'm fine" 

"Kat..." He said

"I'm fine!" I growled through my now not so realistic smile

I walked straight and true to the table and slid into a seat.

"Hey guys! What are you up to?" I asked in a peppy voice, ignoring Alec as he slid into the seat beside  me.

Then I listened to their happy babble and tuned out a little, smiling and eating my waffles. 

But the strawberries didn't taste as good today and my coffee tasted bitter. 





P&E Wasn't much better



I sparred with Alec today. We practiced our moves, which were pretty simple today. Luckily, I normally fight with my legs. 

"Kat" Alec said, as he dodged a blow "you can hold back if you want. It's ok if your..." 
He was distracted while he talked and I switched from leg sweeps and high kicks to a good punch in the face. Then I drove him back with a flurry of blows. I tripped him as he walked backwards. 

I leaned over him as he lay on his back  and said "I am a Gallagher Girl. I. Do. Not. Back. OFF"

I held out my hand and smiled my fake smile that everyone but he and I thought was real. 
"Go again?" I said

"Yeah" He nodded and stood up. We started sparring again and he got in a surprise blow. It was actually a pretty cools move. He swept my legs out form under me, pinned my arm behind my back and knelt at the same time, forcing me to one knee on the ground, my arm twisted behind me. I knew how to get out of this position, but I was seething that he had gotten me into it. 

He smirked at me and said "You could try" and before I could twist out of my position, he let he go.

Sadly, then the P&E lesson was over  before I got a chance to kick him again. 

"I'm fine!" I hissed as I gathered by gym bag from it's spot by the wall. 

"It's just a bloody knuckle. You don't have to be so bloody concerned!" 

And I turned and stared at him. He just looked back with those concerned brown eyes. I felt myself loosing this starring contest, so I rolled my eye, pretending to be annoyed, and  ran to catch up with my friends. 

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment