Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentines Day Part Two

I woke up tied to a chair in a strange room. The wall and the floor were stainless steel. At the end of the room was a desk. Also stainless steel. And the door.

Seriously, how un-original.

There was an old TV on the ceiling in one corner, over the door.
I tried to look behind me and felt a throbbing pain in my neck and head. I started to try breaking free and the door knob rattled. It was shoved open by a man dressed in all black. He had slight teeth marks and a bruise on his arm, and his sleeves almost covered it. I remembered biting someone as I went down.

I smiled. He turned and I merged my smile into a snarl.

He sat down and smiled at me.

"Now Katherine. Why don't you tell me about yourself."

I didn't say anything. I just raised an eyebrow.

The man started reading from a file.

"Katherine Edgeworth, Student of Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. Age 16. Date of Birth October 18. Parents: Arthur and Margret Edgeworth. Currently on mission in Argentina.

"Argentina?" I thought. "Sounds Warm there." But I kept up my blank face.

He continued to read he file. Half way through he stopped.
He paused and opened his mouth. "Keep going."  I said. "Your getting to my favorite part."

The man glared at me.
"We know all about you. We know your worst fears, and which people are closest to you. We know how to make you suffer."

"That file seriously needs to be updated." I laughed. Then my face darkened. "Do your worst."

"Fine." The man said curtly and snapped his fingers. He walked out of the room and the interrogation began.

I won't describe what happened, because it's not nice, and some of it is classified.

Eventually, they left me tied to the chair and walked out.

"What. Is that it?" I thought

The man walked back in. Blood trickled down my split lip.

"I hope your ready to co operate?" He asked
I spat blood into his face.

"Alright." He growled. He pulled out a remote and pointed it toward the screen. It flickered to light.

The screen showed Alex. He was tied to a chair. He is head sagged. Someone off screen threw a bucket off water on him.

Grace sat tied to a chair, trying to pull up her feet as spider flooded the room. He worst fear. Alice lay  on the floor, her hair spilling out like sleeping beauty.

I held very still, but I'm afraid he could see the anger in my eyes.

"And we haven't even started on your little friend. How long do you think Lily will do? She's on the Research and Development Track? She's didn't get as much interrogation training, did she? I wonder how long it takes until that pretty smile cracks. How long it takes to break her?"

I snapped.

I dislocated my thumbs and pulled my hands out of the cuffs. I snapped them back as I moved across the room. I attacked him. He was an older operative, but I was a Gallagher girl . I had a purpose, and I was filled with rage. And he was alone. I choked him out, my thumbs crying in pain, but I didn't stop until he slumped to the floor. I raced out the door, expecting to see long hall ways of stainless steel. Guards. I didn't expect to see my own halls. I was back in my own school.

Grant came down the hallway.
"Hey Katherine." He said cheerfully. I sprang on him and shoved him against the wall.
"Where are they?" I asked
"The who?" he said trying to lean back. I put all my weight on him and dug my nails into his skin. I had him in a ---------------- position. He wasn't breaking free in a hurry. Joe came hurrying down the hall
"Kat. Let him go." 
"Your with them." I asked, pushing Grant away. He gasped for breath. 

"It was just a training exercise." He said in his calming voice. 

Realization struck me," IT WAS A TEST!" I yelled. "A TEST! I THOUGHT YOU ONLY DID THAT TO CAMMIE'S CLASS. I THOUGHT YOU STOPPED DOING THAT BECAUSE IT WAS SUCH  A BLOODY STUPID IDEA!"

Then I turned and fled down the hall.

I walked into the library and saw the other Sophomore sitting around. Grace was shaking. Alex was raising a wet paper towel to his cut lip. Probably hurt like hell.Mind does.

But then he wiped it off. It was just makeup.
He smiled at me. "Pretty good acting eh?"

He held out a paper towel.

"Makeup wipe."
"No thanks." Apparently he is very stupid. He doesn't realize how mad I am?
"Do you WANT to go around looking like you have a split lip."
"I DO have a spilt lip." I growled. "I"M not acting. Unlike you. How much is real? Has it all been just a giant act?"

Then I turned my back and him and went over to the couch with Grace. I put my arms around her. "You'll be fine." I said.  "It was just a training exercise. They didn't get anything from me either. So we showed them. You were very brave. I don't think even Annabeth could have handled that many spiders. But you did great" She looked up at me and smiled. She held out her fist.
"Warriors." She said
"Warriors. Now why don't we go down to the kitchen? I bet Chef Louis would make us just about anything we wanted."
Now she was really smiling.
"I'll get the other girls."
"They did it to everybody?"
I guess I should have know, but it still surprised me. She nodded and got up. Alex showed up behind me.

"They weren't supposed to hurt you."
"Gee thanks. Did this go only for me? Or were you guys not allowed to traumatize any of my other sisters either?"

I started walking.
"Kat." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

You know how when you Judo Flip someone, they land on the floor in front of you? Turns out, you can also judo flip them into a wall. I left Alex laying there and walked on.

I could really use a cup of tea and a scone.

-K


No comments:

Post a Comment