Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day Part One

I am so bloody upset right now.
Wanna hear how my Valentine's Day went?

We all gathered in the lounge. The decorations were amazing. The hot chocolate bar was a big hit, as were all the strawberry heart shaped tarts I made. So we'd all settled down and were watching TV.
All the girls wrapped in fuzzy blankets and got in a pile like kittens. The boys came in as we were finishing Miss Congeniality. They sat on the couch and the floor,(though they didn't all pile together) and actually watch North and South with us.
Obviously, not ALL the boys came.
Some had dates today and some were on a hike in the woods.

We had just started Revenge of the Bridesmaids when a just about everyone fell asleep. Not the cute doze off sort of thing.

The drugged sort of sleep.

Then men dressed in tactical gear walked into the room.

It was only me and Patty. She back up and stood back to back with me. The girls around me were sluggishly moving, They saw the threat but could do nothing about it.

I don't think anyone had their weapons. Patty is the dart expert, but all she had were here aluminum knitting needles. And we both knew, from past experience, you need solid needles to fight. The aluminum ones just bend.

"Hot chocolate bar?" she asked
"Right"

And we began warily walking towards it, keeping an eye on the strangers who were slowly fanning out.

Patty grabbed a handful of skewers from the platter. I picked up a knife that I had brought to cut fruit.

A man moved slowly away from the little group. When he deemed himself close enough, he lunged. Patty and I grabbed the pot of hot chocolate and threw it as one. He went down under a wave of partially warm hot chocolate and a heavy pan. As he lay stunned, Patty darted forward and stabbed him rapidly in the back. She is a master of acupuncture and pressure points as well as dart throwing. The man lay there, temporarily paralyzed. And unless they had someone who knew which point counteracted it,,,it was going to be out for awhile.

Another man walked forward. He jerked his head toward a buddy and they advanced together. I flung myself onto one, flipping him to the ground. Patty held off the other until I was ready. Then she turned, quickly poking him in the back. It seemed to work through the vests, which was good.

As soon as she had turned, I jumped on the man she had been holding off. I swung around onto his back and choked him out. He fell to the floor.

Then they all began advancing at once. Patty and I stood back to back and tried to hold them off. We were doing pretty well, but I could feel myself wearing down. I saw out of the corner of my eye one of the men raising a gun and pointing it at Patty. I tried to scream a warning but it was lost in my throat.
She was hit with a little dart and went down. I had a second to think

"Thank God it's a tranq. dart." as I went down, kicking and screaming under the attack of all the remaining people.

I felt my kicks getting weaker and the tips of my finger went numb. Then the world faded into black.

-K


No comments:

Post a Comment