Sunday, January 29, 2017

Let It Go

I was in the library in my favorite window seat with a fuzzy blanket.

You'd think I'd be happy.

I'm not

But I'm pretty good at hiding it.

Everyone was gone. The Mansion empty.

Everyone was given a free pass to town, and the students were out in force. The girls hadn't been out in weeks. All the boy-girl couples were out doing stuff.

I could afford to cry.

But as soon as I started, Alec came around the corner with two cups of tea.

He handed one to me.

"What's wrong?"
I didn't answer so he said  "Come on. Either tell me what's wrong, or stop moping."

I faked smiled.

"Nope" He said and he grabbed my free hand and pulled me up. "No fake smiling"

"How can you tell?" I asked as he pulled me across the room. If he told me I could change that...

He smirked. "Not telling" He led me to the couch and told me to sit down. So I did.

"We're watching a movie" He told me. "What do you want to watch?"

"Frozen." I said, wanting him to argue. To get bored as soon as it started and leave. Instead he said "I've never seen it. Should be interesting." and sat down next to me.

So we watched Frozen. It was really funny to watch his face. Seriously, I don't need to watch the movie. I've seen it a million time.

How he smiled when Anna and Elsa were playing.
How sad he looked when Elsa hurt Anna. When Anna was by herself.
How he looked at me in concern when Elsa was trapped in her room, alone,
How he laughed at Olaf
How he wanted to kill Hans....

Yes. In fact he muttered some not very nice things under his breath. Grandma Beatrice would have washed his mouth out with soap.

A lot of soap.

But Grandma didn't know Portuguese, so....

It made me smile. For real. I laughed and he turned an gave me that half smile (Do guys know how sexy that is? Well, it looked even better on him) and said "Mission Accomplished"

We ended up watching a lot of Disney movies: Tangled, Brave, Atlantis, Mulan....

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment