Monday, January 9, 2017

Katherine Edgeworth, Reporting for Boy Duty

"The List" as it came to be called, was posted in the Dinning Hall.

Almost the entire school was gathered around those five little pieces of paper.

Now even if a boy and girl really hit it off that first evening when (most of us) first met them, they still didn't know id they were going to be paired up. Boys could ask, but mostly Headmistress Morgan and the Blackthorne Boys Alumni who had come with them decided. I think they paired them (us) up by interest.

Lily and Jess, who were wearing way to much makeup for the first day of school pushed into the crowd.
"Let me know who I got" I called to them as I made my way to the food. I smiled to Gracie, and Emma as we walked through the buffet line.

"Just us and the food!" Gracie laughed

Emma snorted "Boys, who needs them! I don't think they're even up!"

I grabbed waffles (I LOVE waffles) and piled it to the top with whip cream and strawberries and grabbed a glass of juice.

The twins, plopped down beside me on either side. I always mix them up, but I think Ashley was on the left and Emily was on the right....

"I got Luke" the one of the right smirked

"I don't see why YOUR smiling, Ashley!" the one on the left said (must have been Emily) " I got Hunter!"

"Did you see mine?" I asked through a strawberry filled mouthful.

"Yes. Lucky! You got Alex!"




Goodie.



(PS Lily got a chap named Pitt and Jess got David. Naturally)


Got to go start class now. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment