Thursday, March 16, 2017

Last Night...

Last night, I felt the tears coming and I stood up and stole out of our room.
Not that there was any real reason to. Lily stayed up way to last night, working on her project and is out cold on her bed. I have no idea where Cas is. Jess is probably following David around somewhere. I stole down to a secret passage. Most of the secret passages are common knowledge. Every one knows about them. Well, maybe the boys don't, but I don't know that.

But nobody hangs out in them. Because they are dark, and filled with spiders and sometimes mice. And where there are mice, there is poop.

Anyway, if you follow this passage a little longer, it ends up off the kitchen, which makes it a little warmer. It also smells like cookies sometimes. There even a tiny window.

But nobody comes in, because at the entrance, there is a million spider webs and more poop then usual.

Which is because every time I sweep it out, that's where I put the poop. And I weave though the spider webs so they aren't disturbed.

But today the passage wasn't empty. I saw Cas sitting on a blanker at the end of the tunnel, her knees bent, cradling a picture in front of her.

"Oh hey." She said looking up. I was surprised to see her eyes were full of tears.

And we just sat there a few minutes, looking all weepy.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, moving over. I nodded and sat down.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment