Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Polite Potato Boy

So I was in the Kitchen. Louis was out so I had the room all to myself! He wanted to take the day off, which was fine with me, since it felt a little weird not doing all the cooking after his break.  When I bake by myself, well. especially if I'm spinning all over the room doing a million things, well....
I spin all over the room. 

Stir the sauce, slid over to the oven and check it. Peek in at the food cooling in the fridge, etc

I got in to a wonderful flow. I finished the sauce, a wonderful work of art, and had finally set it aside to cool.  Since nobody was watching. I went ahead and threw my spoon across the room into the sink. Hey. I'm a knife thrower. Of course it went in. 

Then I heard the clapping. 

I turned, already prepared on what cutting remark I could give Alec when I saw it was David. 

So I said. "Um. Hello?" 

Instead of saying something like, "that was a pretty dramatic spin back there between checking the over and getting some salt" he asked
 "Would you like some help?" 

"That would be nice." I answered, since you have to give a polite answer. Madame D. is back, for heaven's sake!


He walked in and started helping me peel potatoes. 

WOW. 

He is uber polite. 

Like, he has old fashioned country boy manners.

Madame D would be so proud!

-K 


(More Update Later) 

No comments:

Post a Comment